Running Containers on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (RCAEKS)
Who should attend
This course is intended for:
- Those who will provide container orchestration management in the AWS Cloud including:
- DevOps engineers
- Systems administrators
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Completed Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) Primer
- Completed (or equivalent real-world experience)
- Basic Linux administration experience
- Basic network administration experience
- Basic knowledge of containers and microservices
In this course, you will learn to:
- Review and examine containers, Kubernetes, and Amazon EKS fundamentals and the impact of containers on workflows.
- Build an Amazon EKS cluster by selecting the correct compute resources to support worker nodes.
- Secure your environment with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) authentication by creating an Amazon EKS service role for your cluster
- Deploy an application on the cluster. Publish container images to ECR and secure access via IAM policy.
- Automate and deploy applications, examine automation tools and pipelines. Create a GitOps pipeline using WeaveFlux.
- Collect monitoring data through metrics, logs, tracing with AWS X-Ray and identify metrics for performance tuning. Review scenarios where bottlenecks require the best scaling approach using horizontal or vertical scaling.
- Assess the tradeoffs between efficiency, resiliency, and cost and impact for tuning one over the other. Describe and outline a holistic, iterative approach to optimizing your environment. Design for cost, efficiency, and resiliency.
- Configure the AWS networking services to support the cluster. Describe how EKS/Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) functions and simplifies inter-node communications. Describe the function of VPC Container Network Interface (CNI). Review the benefits of a service mesh.
- Upgrade your Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, and third party tools.
Amazon EKS makes it easy for you to run Kubernetes on AWS without needing to install, operate, and maintain your own Kubernetes control plane. In this course, you will learn container management and orchestration for Kubernetes using Amazon EKS.
You will build an Amazon EKS cluster, configure the environment, deploy the cluster, and then add applications to your cluster. You will manage container images using Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) and learn how to automate application deployment. You will deploy applications using CI/CD tools. You will learn how to monitor and scale your environment by using metrics, logging, tracing, and horizontal/vertical scaling. You will learn how to design and manage a large container environment by designing for efficiency, cost, and resiliency. You will configure AWS networking services to support the cluster and learn how to secure your Amazon EKS environment.
This course includes instructor lecture, presentations, hands-on labs, demonstrations, and group exercises/discussions.
В настоящее время расписание на курс отсутствует