This five-day course is designed to cover best practices, theory, and design principles for Wide Area Network (WAN) design including WAN interconnects, security considerations, virtualization, and management/operations. This course covers both service provider and enterprise WAN design.
Who should attend
This course is targeted specifically for those who have a solid understanding of operation and configuration and are looking to enhance their skill sets by learning the principles of WAN design.
- Knowledge of routing and switching architectures and protocols.
- Knowledge of Juniper Networks products and solutions.
- Understanding of infrastructure security principles.
- Completion of the course.
- Describe high level concepts about the different WAN architectures.
- Identify key features used to interconnect WANs.
- Describe key high level considerations about securing and monitoring a WAN deployment.
- Outline high level concepts for implementing WANs.
- Explain various methods of WAN connectivity.
- Describe basic MPLS concepts as they are related to WANs.
- Identify basic Ethernet concepts as they are related to WANs.
- Describe key concepts of network availability.
- Explain high availability features and protocols.
- Describe the key aspects of class of service.
- Describe how core WAN technologies are used to solve specific problems facing network designers.
- Discuss core routing requirements.
- Explain how to design a high performance MPLS WAN core.
- Define CoS requirements for the WAN core.
- Discuss BGP peering and path selection.
- Design MPLS Layer 2 and Layer 3 services.
- Design metro Ethernet networks.
- Understand role of class of service in provider edge.
- Describe Next-generation MVPNs.
- Explain how enterprise WAN technologies are used to solve specific problems facing network designers.
- Outline various solutions regarding campus and branch WANs.
- Explain how data centers are interconnected through WANs.
- Identify various solutions regarding data center WAN interconnection.
- Describe the benefits and use cases for EVPN.
- Describe security concepts regarding WANs.
- Explain the differences between LAN security concepts and WAN security concepts.
- Explain VPN-related concepts regarding WANs.
- Describe methods to manage WANs.
- Discuss key concepts related to WAN management.
- Explain how virtualization and SDN can be leveraged in the WAN.
- Describe various SDN products and how they are used in the WAN.
- Describe MX, SRX, T, PTX, ACX, QFX, EX, and NFX Series devices and the basics of how they relate to WAN solutions
- Course Introduction
- Overview of WAN Design
- WAN Connectivity
- Network Availability and Traffic Prioritization
- Service Provider Core WAN
- Service Provider Edge WAN
- Enterprise WAN
- Data Center WAN
- WAN Security
- WAN Management
- WAN Virtualization and SDN
- WAN Device Portfolio