Network Automation in the Data Center (NA-DC)
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to automate SDN/NFV solutions in their data centers. Students will build on their knowledge of data center networking and learn how to use OpenClos to automate building scalable IP fabrics using ZTP. Students will also augment their knowledge of different L2 and L3 protocols to automate data center services that use virtual machines, containers, and bare metal servers using Contrail Cloud. This course is based on Contrail Release 3.0.2 and OpenStack Liberty.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in their data center.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
- General understanding of data center virtualization;
- Completion of the course;
- Completion of the !Network Automation Using Contrail Cloud (NACC) course;
- Experience with programming or scripting is recommended (Python, Ruby, Perl, C, or C++).
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify how automation and NFV can help data centers.
- Implement automation in an underlay and overlay network.
- Implement Contrail services, security, and analytics.
- Explain the possibilities for extending automation through orchestration.
- Configure Contrail overlay protocols.
- Describe Contrail service nodes and gateways.
- Use Contrail to configure connections to TOR switches using TSM modules.
- Explain how IP fabrics that use VXLAN and EVPN for DCI operate.
- Analyze IP fabric DCI configurations.
- Explain the steps for configuring high availability in Contrail.
- Configure the services necessary to support service chains.
- Deploy multi-device service chains commonly seen in data centers.
- Explain the unique security risks and opportunities of a virtualized data center.
- Configure multitenancy in Contrail for increased security.
- Configure security groups in OpenStack.
- Configure MD5 authentication of Contrail BGP sessions.
- Identify what must be monitored for appropriate data center visibility.
- Configure Contrail analytics and monitoring to support data center needs.
- Configure Contrail Ceilometer.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Automation in the Data Center Overview
- Market Drivers for Automation in the Data Center
- Understanding the Underlay and Overlay Network
- Automating Services, Security, and Analytics
- Service Orchestration and OSS/BSS Systems
Chapter 3: Automating the Underlay Using OpenClos
- The Evolution of Data Center Fabrics
- IP Clos Routing and IP Clos Configuration Review
- Automating IP Clos Fabric Creation using OpenClos
- Use Case: Configuring an IP Clos Fabric using OpenClos
- Lab 1: Creating an IP Clos Fabric using OpenClos
Chapter 4: Automating the Overlay Network
- Review Contrail Overlay Networking Protocols
- Configuring Contrail Services to Support Data Center Automation
- Lab 2: Configuring the Overlay Network using Contrail
Chapter 5: Creating a Data Center Interconnect Overlay Network
- Challenges of a DCI with an Overlay Network
- IP Fabric DCI using EVPN and VXLAN Technical Overview
- IP Fabric DCI with Virtual Machine Traffic Optimization (VMTO)
- IP Fabric DCI Configuration
Chapter 6: Automating Service Creation
- Configuring High Availability in Contrail and OpenStack
- Configuring DNS Services
- Configuring Load Balancing as a Service
- Configuring Service Chains
- Lab 3: Service Creation using OpenStack and Contrail
Chapter 7: Automation and Security
- Security Opportunities and Risks in the Virtualized Data Center
- Security Inherent in Using vRouters
- Configuring Multitenancy
- Security Groups in OpenStack
- Configuring MD5 Authentication of Contrail BGP Sessions
- Lab 4: Configuring Security in Contrail
Chapter 8: Monitoring and Analytics
- Using the Analyzer Image to Monitor and Troubleshoot the Network
- Load and Use the Analyzer Image to Monitor and Troubleshoot Contrail
- Using Contrail Analytics to Monitor and Troubleshoot the Network
- Lab 5: Configuring Contrail Analytics and Monitoring for the Data Center
В настоящее время расписание на курс отсутствует